As we look towards Thanksgiving next week, we are extremely grateful for our many blessings. The Bucher Group continues to be reminded that life is gift and we have an opportunity to make the world around us a little better!
We hope the following information will help you prepare to give of your time and money this holiday season!
The Bucher Group’s Top 10 charities this holiday season include:
- Operation Blue Santa – Provides each family it serves with a full meal and a Christmas gift for each child under the age of 14. The Austin Police Department began this organization in 1972 and this year is expected to provide meals and gifts for approximately 3800 families. www.bluesanta.org
- Operation Brown Santa – The Travis County Sheriff’s Department began providing gifts for children in 1981 and last year gave Christmas presents to over 1700 children. www.brownsanta.org
- Toys for Tots – The U.S. Marines Corp Reserve provide underprivileged children with a new and unused gift for Christmas. Toys are gathered during October, November and early December for holiday delivery. Their main goal is to deliver a message of hope with each gift given. www.toysfortots.org
- Coats for Kids – The Junior League of Austin, along with Jack Brown Cleaners, KVUE and KASE 101 partner each year to keep the children of Austin warm. Coat collection began November 18th and will continue until Dec. 6th. Last year over 32,000 coats were collected and distributed. http://www.jlaustin.org/?nd=cfk_overview
- Christmas Bureau of Austin & Travis County – This non-profit organization encourages local residents to Adopt-A-Family to provide food, toys and presents to individuals that are less fortunate during the holiday season. www.cbofaustin.org
- United Way for Greater Austin - The organization is tasked with giving everyone in the Austin community the opportunity to be a philanthropist, and working to help families overcome barriers to economic opportunities. Donating to the United Way for Greater Austin is a way to provide continued help to the flood victims in South Austin. http://www.unitedwayaustin.org
- Capital Area Food Bank – This is the largest hunger-relief charity in Central Texas. They provide much needed food, grocery products, social services and more. You can donate all year long, as well as attend their Austin’s Empty Bowl Project on November 24th from 11-3p.m. at the Marchesa Hall and Theatre in Lincoln Village, which allows local potters, musicians and restaurants the opportunity to help hungry Central Texas children. www.austinfoodbank.org
- Austin Humane Society - Animals need our help all year long. The holiday season is just a good reminder to help our furry friends! www.austinhumanesociety.org
- The Red Cross – This national resource helps victims of natural disasters locally and internationally. They provided much needed help during the recent South Austin floods. 91% of every dollar is invested in humanitarian efforts. www.redcross.org/tx/austin
- Austin’s Children Shelter – This local shelter’s mission is to protect and heal children, young adults and families in need. They are a great charity helping Austin families! www.austinchildrenshelter.org
We would be delighted for you to join us at the Palmer Events Center on December 14th from 10:30-12:30 p.m., as The Bucher Group will be volunteering for Coats for Kids on the Distribution Day! We would love to see you there!
As always, The Bucher Group would be honored to help you with all of your Austin real estate needs! Please contact the Bucher Group at 512.794.6644