Wednesday, February 06, 2019 / by Holly Northup
With all of the rain we have had in the last month, it is no wonder that these nasty little critters are out in droves preying on the active outdoorsy people of Austin.
Early morning and about five o’clock seem to be the bewitching hours when the pesky biters are at their worst…of course; these times also correlate with the coolest times of the day!
Besides being an itchy pain, mosquitoes can also carry bacteria and viruses – including the West Nile Virus – that can be a dangerous health hazard.
In order to enjoy the outdoors without being brutally attacked (this might be a bit of an exaggeration, but you know what we mean), there are several options that you can try to eliminate these pests from your yards.
- Remove all standing water areas.
- Keep trash compartments away from gathering areas.
- Make sure gardens and flower pots are weeded.
- Spray your yard with mosquito repellents and ask neighbors to do the same.
- Use citronella candles, sticks, and oils in high traffic areas.
- Plant mosquito repelling plants such as lemon grass, catnip, rosewood, geraniums and lavender.
- Contact a company that specializes in getting rid of mosquitoes…who knew there was such a thing! Love it!
We hope you enjoy your summer – mosquito free!!!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!