Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
While those are excellent goals, we should go a step further to include a review of our personal finances and add a few critical targets to our 2017 resolutions!!
It doesn’t matter whether you have thousands in the savings account or live paycheck to paycheck – we can all use a little housecleaning in the financial department.
Here are a few ideas to get you on the right track this year:
1. Set financial goals or reprioritize current ones.
2. Develop a budget and stick with it.
3. Evaluate investment portfolio and revamp as necessary.
4. Assess retirement plan and set goals accordingly.
5. Make a plan to reduce debt.
6. Review credit history and improve it if necessary.
None of the ideas above are hard to do, but all are essential to a successful financial plan!
Plus, I’ve heard it said that “if you fail to plan, you plan to fail” and it’s absolutely true!!
So, don’t let another day slip by without looking at your financial situation and making a plan to make it better in 2017. It seems simple, but writing down your goals will really help you achieve them.
If buying or selling your home is part of the plan in 2017, please contact Kathleen Bucher at KathleenBucher@mac.com or 512.794.6644. It would be an honor to earn your business!