Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
In fact, our beloved city hosts two of the largest events of the year in this month – not to mention the several other festivities going on around town.
The month began with the first weekend of the Austin City Limits Festival and this coming weekend will continue to entertain festival goers during the second weekend with over 130 musical acts on eight stages in Zilker Park.
The six-day festival brings the famed show, Austin City Limits, outside and has become one of the largest music festivals in the nation. This year headliners include Radiohead, Kendrick Lamar, The Chainsmokers, Willie Nelson and many more. For more information, go to www.aclfestival.com.
The other main event in Austin this month is the Formula 1 United States Grand Prix race at the Circuit of the Americas on October 21-23.
Celebrating its fifth anniversary, the race weekend is set to provide more than just international racing with the inclusion of musical talents Taylor Swift and The Weeknd.
It is sure to be a fun-filled weekend with racing, good food, great music and loads of entertainment! For more information, go to www.circuitoftheamericas.com/f1.
Other October Happenings include:
1. Banger's Oktoberfest (10/13/16-10/16/16) at Banger's Sausage House & Beer Garden on Rainey Street. www.bangersaustin.com
2. Austin Film Festival (10/13/16-10/20/16) at the Paramount Theatre & Various Locations. www.austinfilmfestival.com
3. AustOberfest (10/22/16) at Scholz Garten. www.austoberfest.com
4. Austin Symphony Orchestra Presents: Halloween Children's Concert (10/23/16) at The Long Center for the Performing Arts - Dell Hall. www.austinsymphony.org
5. Texas Monthly BBQ Festival (10/30/16) at City Terrace at The Long Center. www.tmbbq.com
6. Ironman 70.3 Austin (10/30/16) at Various Locations. www.ironman.com
We encourage you to check out some of the fun that Austin is hosting this month!!! It’s set to be a great month with lots of entertainment!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate in the Austin area, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!