Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
There are many great Austin area homes for sale. Click here to perform a full home search, or if you're thinking of selling your home, click here for a FREE Home Price Evaluation so you know what buyers will pay for your home in today's market. You may also call me at (512) 794-6644 for a FREE home buying or selling consultation to answer any of your real estate questions.
- Being Pre-qualified is absolutely essential to winning over the seller. If you can prove that you have the finances to buy the home, then you will stand out much more in the eyes of the seller.
- If you're a cash buyer, you should make sure that you have a pre-qualification of funds.
- Another way to bolster your offer is to include a personal letter which explains why you want to buy the home and why you would be the best choice for the seller. Explain that you're a growing family and you need more room, or that you're a responsible home owner and promise to keep the property in tip-top shape. This can hit a personal chord with the seller, and that can help to make you stick out.
- You also want to make sure that your option periods are very small, and you also want to include a large option check. I would suggest putting down $500 or $1,000 dollars just to show that you're more sincere about your offer. The more money you put down, the more qualified you will appear in the eyes of the seller.
- Finding a real estate agent who can write great offers is another key, and this is what I do best. I know how to make a compelling offer that will improve your chances of being accepted in a crowded market such as the one here in Austin.