Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
Even though it’s been a mild winter here in Austin this year, we are so ready for warm, sunny and longer days that remind us why we live in central Texas!!
The outdoors is begging us to get out of the house and explore the vast expanse of the Austin area and to take in the sights and sounds of our amazing city.
However, before we rush out the front door, we need to examine what requires our attention INSIDE our home because we plan to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible in 2017!
Believe me, no one wants the daunting task of doing a complete overhaul to the inside of our home…a.k.a. spring cleaning…but, it is essential to keeping our household fresh, clean, and healthy.
Here is a list of things you might consider doing this spring:
- Clean oven, refrigerator, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, washer and dryer.
- Clean ceilings and walls including air vents, light fixtures and switch plates.
- Clean ceiling fans.
- Wash curtains and dust blinds.
- Clean out drawers and cabinets.
- Shampoo carpet and rugs.
- Rotate mattresses.
- Wash pillows from beds, couches, and chairs.
- Sort through your clothes, shoes, and accessories and get rid or donate as necessary.
- Update first-aid kit and throw away expired medicines.
- Discard expired cosmetics and beauty products.
- Wash out all household trashcans.
- Hose down outdoor furniture.
- Wash windows and screens – inside and out.
- Pressure wash the house, driveway and walkways.
- Check fire alarm and carbon monoxide alarm batteries.
- Clean out your personal and financial files.
- Clean out the garage.
- Sort through the items in the attic.
- Have your A/C serviced and repaired.
Just thinking about this long list of “To Do’s” makes me want to skedaddle. But, when we break down the household tasks into a manageable approach it will help whip our homes into tip top shape! Plus, getting these chores done now will help us enjoy the rest of the Spring and Summer!!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate in the Austin area, please contact Kathleen Bucher at KathleenBucher@mac.com or 512.794.6644. It would be an honor to earn your business!