Wednesday, February 06, 2019 / by Holly Northup
This time of year is so exciting for many reasons. For one, school is out for the summer and it’s time to plan a vacation, getaway or just enjoy the outdoors in our gorgeous city. Not to mention that the days are longer, the sun burns brighter and everyone is generally in a festive mood.
The free concerts at Zilker Park, called Blues on the Green, start tonight at 8:00p.m. and will also be held June 24, July 22 and August 5th.
Additionally, many of the parks in Austin and surrounding areas will start holding free movie nights for families to enjoy. Please see your local listings.
Of course, just the month of June has enough activities that we thought you would like to know about to get your summer festivities started!!
- ATX Television Festival – June 4-7 in downtown Austin. www.atxfestival.com
- X Games Austin – June 4-7 at the Circuit of Americas. www.circuitoftheamericas.com/xgamesaustin
- Republic of Texas Biker Rally – June 11-14 all around town. Please be mindful of the many motorcycles that will be on the road. www.rotrally.com
- Ladies and Gentlemen... The Beatles! Exhibit – June 13 – 1/10/16 at the LBJ Presidential Library. www.lbjlibrary.org
- Central Texas Juneteenth Celebration – June 20 on MLK Blvd. and various locations. www.juneteenthcentraltexas.com
- Keep Austin Weird Fest & 5K – June 27 at the Long Center for Performing Arts. www.keepaustinweirdfest.com
We hope you take advantage of the many opportunities Austin offers!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!
**Image courtesy of “Playing Summer Indicates Free Time And Kids” by Stuart Miles at Freedigitalphotos.net.