In light of the upcoming holiday, we thought you might find the following information helpful!
Cooking Safety Tips:
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the cooking areas.
- Stay in the kitchen while frying, grilling or broiling food. Turn burners off if leaving the kitchen.
- Keep a pan lid or baking sheet nearby. Use it to cover the pan if it catches on fire.
- Place turkey fryers outside and away from the house, deck and garage.
- Store left overs in the refrigerator within two hours after the meal.
- Eat leftovers within three days of the holiday to avoid contamination.
Vehicle Travel Safety Tips:
- Check weather forecast for road hazards or issues.
- Assess travel routes for delays, construction or traffic.
- Pack emergency supplies like blankets, water and snacks, flashlight and first aid kit.
- Fill the fuel tank, check air pressure in tires and top-off windshield fluid.
- Buckle up and obey all traffic signs.
- Designate a driver who won’t be drinking whenever alcohol is served.
Air Travel Safety Tips:
- Arrive at the airport 2 hours early for check-in and security inspection.
- Wrapped gifts are allowed, but may be opened for inspection.
- Food (pies and cakes) are allowed, but again, may require further inspection.
- Check out http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information for a list of prohibited items and other information.
The Bucher Group wishes you a safe, fun and relaxing holiday weekend!
* Image courtesy of Aduldej/FreeDigitalPhotos.net