Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
Austin B-cycle is the brand name of the bike sharing service operated by Bike Share of Austin, a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation. Austin B-cycle has partnered with the City of Austin to bring a new way of transportation to the downtown area.
The launch of Austin B-cycle is in response to the national bike sharing phenomena and fits perfectly with the Austin eclectic culture. Their main focus is to “provide a fast, easy way for locals and visitors alike to dine, play, and discover downtown Austin.”
Considering the Austin bike share program was only launched back in December, it is amazing that it has already set a single-day U.S. record on March 14 during South by Southwest!
The 24/7 system offers a revolutionary way to access downtown Austin with 40 available bike stations on any day of the week and at any time.
Here are some key points to remember if interested in the bike sharing program:
- For locations of the stations around town, you can download the B-cycle app for Android and iPhones or go to https://austin.bcycle.com/station-locations/ .
- The stations, along with the apps, give real-time bicycle and dock availability.
- You must be 18 or older to rent a bike.
- You can keep the bike up to 24 hours.
- Usage prices include annual memberships $80, weekly passes $25, and day passes $8. The access pass or membership gives unlimited checkouts up to 30 minutes at no charge for the access period. However, checkouts lasting more than 30 minutes will be charged a usage fee of $4 (plus tax) per 30 minutes and the maximum day rate is $75.
This is an exciting and convenient way to enjoy downtown Austin for special events or any day of the week! It’s just one more reason why the Bucher Group loves Austin!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate, please call the Bucher Group at 512.794.6644!
It would be a pleasure to serve you in all of your realty needs!