Wednesday, February 06, 2019 / by Holly Northup
Fortunately, Austin is home to many options for summertime swimming! Lake Austin, Lake Travis and Lake Georgetown are just to name a few of the many large bodies of water to take advantage of. However, Austin also has unique areas like the following to take a dip in!!
The Bucher Group’s Top 5 Water Holes around Austin include:
- Barton Springs Pool - 2201 Barton Springs Rd. Open year-round; summer hours are 5 am-10 pm, with limited hours on Thursdays. Cash only; $3 for adults, $2 for ages 12-17, $1 for ages 11 and under, $1 for seniors. No food or drink allowed. Lifeguard.
- Hamilton Pool - 24300 Hamilton Pool Rd., Dripping Springs, Texas. Open daily, 9 am-6 pm, no entry past 5:30 pm. Cash only, $15 per vehicle. Food and drink are allowed, but no glass containers. No lifeguard.
- Krause Springs - 404 Krause Spring Rd., Spicewood, Texas. Open daily, 9 am-9 pm. Cash only; $7 for adults, $5 for ages 4-11, free for ages 3 and under. Food and drink are allowed, but no glass containers. No lifeguard.
- Deep Eddy - 401 Deep Eddy Dr. Open year-round; summer hours are 10 am-8 pm, closed Tuesdays. Cash only; $3 for adults, $2 for ages 12-17, $1 for ages 11 and under, $1 for seniors. No food or drink allowed in pool area. Lifeguard.
- McKinney Falls State Park - 5808 McKinney Falls Parkway. Open daily, 8 am-10 pm. Cash preferred; $6 for adults, free for ages 13 and under. Food and drink allowed. No lifeguard. Camping is allowed.
We hope you will make the most of this summer by checking out these great spots with family and friends! Don’t forget the sunscreen!!!
If you or someone you know is looking to buy or sell real estate in the Austin area, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!