Wednesday, February 6, 2019 / by Holly Northup
In fact, per a recent article on Inman.com, January and February are two of the best months to purchase a home in the year.
Obviously, the best time to purchase a home is when your specific circumstances are aligned with needing to buy. However, if you are waiting for the best season to purchase a home, you might just find that we are in it right now!
Many people assume that the spring and summer months are the best time to buy and sell homes. However, due to the competition in the market this might not always be the case. Plus, if homeowners need to sell in the fall and winter months, they might be a little more willing to negotiate with buyers.
The Inman.com article’s top three reason to purchase a home in January and February included:
- Fewer buyers to compete against
- Lower home prices on average
- Impending higher mortgage interest rates
The article was also backed with data from Nerdwallet (a personal finance website) and Realtor.com that we thought you might find useful. This information included:
- In 50 of the most populous metro areas in the U.S., the median home sold in January sold for approximately $7,000 less than the listing price.
- Mortgage rates are expected to rise as high as five percent this year.
- Home prices in January and February are usually about eight percent lower than prices in July and August which are two of the most popular homebuying months.
For the full article on Inman.com, please go to http://www.inman.com/2017/01/23/nerdwallet-january-february-prime-months-purchase-home/.
If you are looking to buy or sell this year, The Bucher Group offers unparalleled service. Your complete satisfaction with our service and representation is our number one priority.
The Bucher Group serves the entire Austin Texas real estate market including Westlake, Barton Creek, Tarrytown, Downtown, Lake Austin, Lake Travis, Lakeway, and Round Rock.
Please contact Kathleen Bucher at KathleenBucher@mac.com or 512.794.6644. It would be an honor to earn your business!