Wednesday, February 06, 2019 / by Holly Northup
Unfortunately, most of us go to work, come home, go to bed and get up the very next day and do the exact same thing all over again. It really is a pity when we live in a beautiful city that is full of music, festivals, outdoor activities, museums, theaters, restaurants and much more.
And that ‘much more’ REALLY includes much more: ESPN X-Games, Formula One, Zilker Park, Mount Bonnell, and yes…much more!!!
So, before 2015 gets away from us, let’s take out our calendars and add at least five new (or haven’t done in ages) things to do this year in Austin! Here are a few suggestions!
1. Pick a festival…any festival! Some festivals include Austin City Limits Festival, SXSW, Austin Film Festival, FunFunFun Festival, Zilker Park Kite Festival, Austin Food and Wine Festival, Bat Fest and more.
2. Check out this year’s Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo at the Travis County Expo Center.
3. Enjoy stand-up paddle boarding on Lady Bird Lake or canoeing, paddle boating, or kayaking!
4. Discover Austin’s Graffiti Park at the corner of Baylor and 12th Streets.
5. Shop the eclectic stores of South Congress.
6. Eat at a Food Truck! Trucks can be found on 6th and Waller in downtown Austin and on Lamar Blvd. by the Barton Creek Greenbelt, and several other areas, too.
7. Explore a museum! Try the Bob Bullock Museum or The Thinkery!
8. Visit the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center or take your family photo in one of the many areas bathed in bluebonnets during the spring!
9. Attend one of the many events at the Circuit of the Americas including Formula One, ESPN X Games, MotoGP and concerts by top recording artists!
10. Watch the bats take flight at dusk from underneath the Congress Bridge between April-October.
This is just a small selection of what Austin has to offer. The point is to make 2015 a year of new beginnings and enjoying the world that is right at our fingertips!
We’d love to hear what is on your list this year!!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!