Springtime in the Austin area is big for bluebonnet pictures, landscaping lists and oak pollen clean-up! It’s also one of the busiest times for real estate, especially for those who want or need to sell their home.
Regardless of where you are in the decision process, as prospective seller there are several things you can do to get started and you’ll even be happy if you decide you aren’t going to sell at all!
The Bucher Group’s Top Six Things To Do Before You List:
- Figure out where you will go. Since it is a seller’s market in Austin, you will most likely get a great price for your listing. However, this also means you will pay top dollar if you are purchasing in the local area. Research the area you are looking to move to and find out what the cost differences are.
- Find out how much it will cost to sell and purchase. Make sure you know up-front what the closing costs will be to sell. I recently wrote a great article on seller’s closing costs that you might want to review! Dont-Worry-about-Selling-Costs-Calculate-them-beforehand . You can contact us to find out what buyer’s costs are, as well.
- Clean out closets, drawers and cabinets. Sifting through your personal items and home decorations to find out what you need to give away, throw away or keep is great to do every year, much less the one that you are moving in. Plus, this one task will put you way ahead of the game and make it easier to pack.
- De-clutter shelves, walls and tabletops. De-cluttering is necessary for making your home ready to show and will help buyers notice your home instead of just your stuff. This also includes locking away prescription medication, jewelry and other valuable items.
- Service your home’s equipment and make improvements as necessary. Checking over your home and making repairs will not only enhance the value, but will also save you from a headache later on when you are trying to get to the closing table without delay. Additionally, think about what you as a buyer would require and make sure you are doing the same for the one purchasing your home.
- Contact the Bucher Group. A professional Realtor® can help you create a list of items that need to be done before your home goes on the market, so don’t hesitate to call us to make an appointment. We can certainly answer your questions and allay your fears by giving you the information you need to know.
The Bucher Group is committed to assist our clients, friends and family to the best of our abilities and with unmatched service. If you need help buying or selling real estate in the Austin area, please call Kathleen Bucher at (512) 794-6644 or email at KathleenBucher@mac.com.