Texas shoppers can save $8 on every $100 they spend on clothing, footwear, school supplies and backpacks priced under $100 this weekend, August 8-10, due to the annual Sales Tax Holiday.
The dates for the Tax Free Weekend are set by the Texas Legislature and a list of qualifying clothing, footwear and other items sold during the tax exemption holiday can be found at Tax Free Items.
Qualifying items purchased during the holiday include items sold in stores, online, by telephone or mail. Lay-away plans also can be used again this year to take advantage of the sales tax exemption.
However, the exemption does not extend to rental, alterations or cleaning services on these exempt items of clothing and footwear.
School Supplies that do qualify for the exemption include:
- Book bags
- Cellophane tape
- Blackboard chalk
- Composition books
- Folders; expandable, pocket, plastic, and manila
- Glue, paste and paste sticks
- Index cards
- Index card boxes
- Legal pads
- Lunch boxes
- Markers (including dry erase markers)
- Paper; loose leaf ruled notebook paper, copy paper, graph paper, tracing paper, manila paper, colored paper, poster board, and construction paper
- Pencil boxes and other school supply boxes
- Pencil sharpeners
- Writing tablets
We hope you will take advantage of this state-wide opportunity!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate in the Austin area, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!