The Bucher Group is excited about the fantastic weekend ahead!! With the 2nd Annual Formula 1 United State Grand Prix festivities taking place Thursday through Sunday (Nov. 14-17), Austin will be host to spectators and drivers from around the world for this prestigious motorsport.
Circuit of The Americas’ is an amazing venue with a 3.4 mile track that has 20 turns and plenty of seating for race enthusiasts. However, make sure you bring your ear plugs, as the 147 decibels of screaming race cars participate in what the SportsBusiness Journal named “Sports Event of the Year”!
The 25-story Observation Tower offers a 360-degree view of the race track, downtown Austin and Texas Hill Country and the facility has plenty of choices for food, fun, merchandise and entertainment!
Racing events will take place all weekend and so will the entertainment! These activities include:
- Austin Fan Fest – A four-day (Nov. 14-17) Grand Prix after-party across 12 blocks between the Warehouse and 2nd Street districts in downtown Austin. This event is free and is hosted by Shell. Attendees will enjoy a plethora of food, live music and entertainment.
- Friday, November 15th – Sting will be playing at ACL Live. Dueling Pianos and Kirk Baxley will both be playing at the Austin 360 Amphitheater located at the Circuit of the Americas’ site.
- Saturday, November 16th – Dueling Pianos, Scientist, Sick Puppies and Shuttle Bus DJ will all be playing at the Austin 360 Amphitheater.
- Sunday, November 17th – Kimberly Dunn and Pitbull will both be playing at the Austin 360 Amphitheater.
Please beware that there are several items that are prohibited in the Circuit of the Americas facility and that all bags, purses, backpacks and persons are subject to screening. The items that are not allowed include:
- Food, beverages, coolers, thermoses or ice chests.
- Animals with the exception of certified service animals.
- Large bags or parcels
- Distribution of unauthorized materials
- Glass or metal containers
- Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests
- Large umbrellas
- Non-collapsible chairs
- Tents or canopies
- Video cameras, audio recording devices and tripods. No video recording is allowed.
- Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
- Weapons of any kind
*Photo courtesy of Teerapun/FreeDigitalPhotos.net