Purchasing a home is one of the most exciting activities we can do in life. It’s the beginning of a new adventure that creates a new journey, new experiences and new friends.
If you’re ready to take that step, The Bucher Group would like to help you!!!
No matter the size of the home you purchase, there are certain processes that have to be followed in order to get to closing and ultimately getting the keys to your new home.
Most of the time we discuss the things we should do when someone is getting ready to purchase a home, however, it’s just important to know what NOT to do.
You should NOT:
- Quit your job, change jobs or become self-employed.
- Buy a car, truck or van (basically no vehicles).
- Use credit card excessively or allow current accounts fall behind.
- Spend money that has been set aside for closing or the down payment.
- Omit debts or liabilities on your loan application.
- Buy furniture.
- Originate any inquiries on your credit.
- Make any large deposits without checking with your lender.
- Change bank accounts.
- Cosign a loan for anyone.
It’s important to realize that the above list can detain or even stop a closing from happening. The best thing to do if you don’t know whether an activity will cause harm to the process is to ask your Realtor. They will be able to guide you in the right direction!
We wish you the best of luck in all of your future endeavors!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling a home in the Austin area, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!