Even though we’ve been enjoying some beautiful weather lately, it’s still not time to plant for the spring season. Trust me…I’ve planted in February too many times before to let you make the same mistake!! Austin is notorious for getting that late winter freeze that kills all of your hard work!
Your best bet for spring planting is to wait until the middle of March when the chance of a late freeze is slim to none.
The problem is that most of us want to do something now because it’s gorgeous outside and we are getting antsy for warmer temperatures and outdoor living!
Have no fear; there are plenty of things that you can do to get your yard looking spiffy for the upcoming spring!
Our Top Ten Spring Preparations:
- Prune dead and/or damaged tree and shrub branches.
- Rake up leaves and debris from beds and around borders.
- Start your own compost pile with yard waste and remains.
- Prepare damaged lawn areas for spring seed planting.
- Power wash patios and deck areas.
- Fix any damaged fence areas.
- Power wash, clean and paint needed outdoor areas of the home.
- Check and repair all outdoor fountains and pools.
- Check and repair lawn equipment.
- Clean, purge and organize garage and storage areas.
You’ll be glad you took the time to get your outdoors ready for spring once it’s here for good!!!
If you or someone you know is interested in buying or selling real estate, please contact Kathleen Bucher at 512.794.6644 or KathleenBucher@mac.com. It would be an honor to earn your business!!